Friday, June 4, 2010

Before any chickens or omelets

Deep into week two of post-graduation “funemployment,” I’ve decided to start a food blog. As any of my friends know, I spend too much time flipping through cookbooks/skimming food blogs/watching every episode of the Barefoot Contessa. They get bored listening to me talk about these things. I blame four years living in a college dorm without a kitchen. Now I can finally stop talking, dig into the files of recipes I’ve stashed away, and start cooking again. The goal of this blog is to share my cooking and eating adventures, successful or not.

I’ve wanted to start a food blog for quite a while. Though the hours of free time and access to a kitchen I’ve recently gained certainly pushed me along my way, the one thing that was really stopping me was an appropriate blog title. Every name I tried sounded too pretentious, too mature, or wasn’t an available domain name on google blogger.

I finally settled on “The Chicken or the Omelet” (with thanks to my sister for help with the name). Not only are omelets and chicken two of my favorite foods, they are both infinitely adaptable to what I can find in my fridge or what’s in season. They’re also pretty cheap and quick to cook, a bonus to any recent grad. Not all the recipes on this blog will feature poultry or its offspring, but my food will always try to fall into the same category (some exceptions may be made for the truly delicious).

Here goes!

-Cate

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You must have a FABULOUS sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah who is this brilliant sister?

      Delete